Gateway Charter High School encourages parents to provide 20 hours of volunteer hours for the first child, and 10 hours for all additional siblings. It is our belief that the more involved parents are in their child’s education; the better the student will perform academically.
Parents have many opportunities to volunteer their time both at school and at home. To volunteer in classrooms, please make prior arrangement with the teacher so that instructional time is not lost.
It is suggested that a minimum of 2 hours of volunteer service be spent working on school fundraisers and special activities. Parents will receive volunteer time for attending workshops and general parent meetings conducted in the school.
Ways You Can Earn Service Hours:
- Assist in the cafeteria
- Assist teachers with bulletin boards, cutting & craft activities
- Attend PTO meetings, day and evening events
- Volunteer for field day and/or field trips
To volunteer or for more information on current volunteer opportunities please read Volunteer Opportunities or contact the school at (239) 768-3350.
School Advisory Council
The purposes of the Gateway Charter High School School Advisory Council are:
- To provide parents, teachers, students and the community an opportunity to actively participate in the development of educational priorities, and assessment of the school’s needs.
- To promote the welfare of students in school, home, and community.
- To bring into closer relation the school, home, and community so that parents, teachers, and community members may cooperate in a positive manner for the education of students.
- Increase citizen awareness, input, involvement, and confidence in Gateway Charter High School and its council.
- To act as an advisory body to the principal.
You can read the GCHS SAC by-laws.
SAC Meeting Minutes
- September 20th_2016
- May 24, 2016
- March 2, 2016
- January 13, 2016
- November 4, 2015
- September 30, 2015
- May 13, 2015
- January 21, 2015
- November 2014
- September 2014
- May 2014
- March 12, 2014
- January 15, 2014
- November 6, 2013
- September 11, 2013
- May 22, 2013
For more information or to join the SAC please contact the school at (239) 768-3350.
SAC Meeting Dates
Meetings will be held once a month. Meeting dates will be listed below.
- SAC meeting November 1st, 2016.
- The next SAC Meeting will be December 1st, 2016 at 3:30 pm